Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 11 Hansard (Thursday, 22 September 2005) . . Page.. 3673 ..
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1), (2) and (3). The Facilities Improvement Program provided the following outcomes to the end of the 2004-05 financial year, incurring total expenses of $1.0m;
• the upgrading of lights to national/international standard on Diamonds 2 and 3 at the Canberra Softball Centre, Hawker;
• refurbishing and upgrading of the pavilion at the Hawker Softball Centre;
• installation of new training lights at Stirling district playing fields;
• landscaped viewing terrace and replacement of pumps at the Dickson Pool;
• a new hypochlorite handling system at the Manuka Pool; and
• fencing and minor landscape and amenity improvements at a number of sporting and recreational facilities.
Most of these works were in progress at the end of March 2005, incurring expenses of $0.478m at that time.
• There was no roll-over of funding into the 2005-06 financial year.
• Subject to final costings, the 2005-06 sports facilities capital upgrades program will include:
• new cricket training facility – Lyneham Oval;
• new training lights – Garran and Jerrabomberra Ovals;
• additional changeroom facilities – O’Connor Enclosed Oval;
• canteen facilities – Latham Oval; and
• minor improvements to changerooms, pipework etc. at Dickson and Manuka Pools.
In addition, some of the funding is retained to cover minor works that arise during the year such as fencing and other minor improvements.
Expenditure for the current financial year to date has been limited to two projects:
• repainting and repair of office space at Canberra Olympic Pool following a roof leak ($16,950); and
• renovation of the Reid Oval turf cricket wicket ($21,000).
Capital works—projects(Question No 531)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice, on 24 August 2005:
• What has been delivered for the $46 000 of capital expenditure, as at the end of the 2004-05 March Quarter, on forward design for a permanent enclosure and refurbishment of the Civic Pool;
• Was there any further expenditure on this project in the final quarter of the 2004-05 financial year; if so, how much, and what was delivered; if not, when will the outstanding authorisation of $24 000 be expended;