Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 10 Hansard (Friday, 26 August 2005 2005) . . Page.. 3318 ..
• What recommended options for the proposal to construct an Indigenous Boarding House have been approved;
• How much of the $3.2 funding rolled over into the 2005-06 financial year will now be allocated to the construction of an Indigenous Boarding House.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
• Breaking the Cycle – The ACT Homelessness Strategy launched in April 2004 recommended the establishment of a hostel style accommodation for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders. In response to this, $3.2m of the funding provided in the 2003-2004 3rd Appropriation was identified for the provision of a hostel styled accommodation service for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders. Jalinari Associates have been engaged by Housing ACT to consult with stakeholders, including the indigenous community to identify the likely level of demand and target groups and to recommend the most appropriate service model.
• The total amount of the $3.2m provided under the 2003-2004 3rd Appropriation has been earmarked for the provision of the Indigenous Boarding House.
Dragway(Question No 527)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 24 August 2005:
• What has been delivered for the $12 000 capital expenditure on the ACT Dragway as at the end of the March 2004-05 Quarter;
• How is it possible for the forecast expenditure in 2004-05 for the ACT Dragway to be $7 000 when $12 000 had already been expended as at the end of the March Quarter;
• Is this an error in the report or is there another explanation for this amount;
• What was the total amount of expenditure on this project as at the end of the 2004-05 financial year;
• Why has less than 1% of the budget allocated towards this project been spent;
• What is the delay with this project;
• What is the expected completion date of this project.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
• The $12,000 capital expenditure was spent on reports relating to the dragway, including a noise assessment (approximately $6,500) and a valuation of improvements (approximately $4500).