Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 09 Hansard (Thursday, 18 August 2005 2005) . . Page.. 2977 ..
Men’s accommodation services are provided to men and men with accompanying children on the basis of their risk of, or experience of homelessness.
Canberra Mens Centre: $329,436.
Canberra Fathers and Children Service: $620,165.
Society of St Vincent de Paul Samaritan House: $423,830.
Centacare AIM and MINOSA House: $1,366,850, including funding for tenancy management of the entire Ainslie Village site.
The Canberra Emergency Accommodation Service: $5,000 brokerage funding to purchase accommodation for single men.
Outreach and other accommodation related support services are also provided for men by:
Canberra Mens Centre: $187,667.
(4)(i) The Family Violence Intervention Program runs two programs targeted at family violence offenders. Participation rates in the following two programs will be reported on in August 2005.
Learning To Relate Without Violence And Abuse Program: This 24 week programme is designed for adult males who have perpetrated violence against adult female partners.
Counselling programme: Counselling is provided to family violence offenders who have perpetrated violence against other family members
Family Violence Intervention Program Staffing levels (2004-05):
• One part-time Family Violence Co-ordinator (ACT Corrective Services -30 hours per week - Female).
• One part-time Co-ordinator (Relationships Australia - 16 hours per week - Male).
• Three part-time program facilitators (Relationships Australia – 3 Male and 3 Female in a Job-Share arrangement).
• Two part-time counsellors (Relationships Australia - 8 hours per week - Female).
Crime—domestic violence(Question No 439)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Children, Youth and Family Support, upon notice, on 29 June 2005:
• In relation to the Domestic Violence Crisis Service, how many (a) women and children, (b) men and children, (c) women and (d) men have been accommodated in ACT hotels/motels by the service in the 2004-05 financial year;
• What was the cost of this accommodation in each of the categories in part (1).