Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 09 Hansard (Thursday, 18 August 2005 2005) . . Page.. 2944 ..
parcel, for a staged development, means the whole of the land in the completed stages of the development.
Proposed new section 179 (5)
Page 7, line 7—
omit proposed new section 179 (5), substitute
(5) For subsection (4), an occupier is substantially inconvenienced by works being, or to be, carried out if the works are being, or are to be, carried out to the common property, or another unit, in the same stage of the development as the occupier’s unit.
Residential Tenancies Amendment Bill 2005
Amendments moved by Dr Foskey
Proposed new section 107A
Page 10, line 3—
omit proposed new section 107A, substitute
107A Substitution of tenant
• This section applies if—
• a court has made a domestic violence order against the tenant, or a cotenant, (the respondent); or
• a court has made an order to remove the respondent from the premises; or
• the respondent has given an undertaking to a court to leave the premises.
• An occupant of the premises, other than the respondent, (the occupant) may apply to the tribunal to be the tenant or cotenant under the residential tenancy agreement for the premises instead of the respondent.
• To remove any doubt, an application may be made by the occupant even though the occupant is not a tenant or cotenant under the residential tenancy agreement.
• The application must—
• be in writing; and
• include a copy of—
• the domestic violence order; or