Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 09 Hansard (Thursday, 18 August 2005 2005) . . Page.. 2939 ..
Schedules of amendments
Water Resources Amendment Bill 2005
Amendments moved by the Minister for the Environment
Page 3, line 8—
omit clause 5, substitute
5 New sections 63A to 63C
in part 9, insert
63A Moratorium on granting licences etc
• The operation of the following provisions is suspended:
• section 28 (1) to (10) (Allocation of water);
• section 35 (1) to (4) (Licence to take water);
• section 44 (1) and (2) (Bore construction permit);
• section 47 (2), (3) and (6) (Unlicensed recharge).
• The operation of section 77 (3) (Review of decisions) is suspended in relation to decisions under the suspended provisions.
• Without limiting subsection (1)—
• an application cannot be made for an allocation, licence or permit mentioned in the suspended provisions; and
• a decision cannot be made to grant or refuse to grant an allocation, licence or permit mentioned in the suspended provisions.
• Subsections (1) and (2) have effect subject to section 63B (Exceptions to moratorium).
• However, subsection (1) does not affect the operation of any allocation, licence or permit (including the conditions to which it is subject) if—
• it was granted before the commencement of this section; or
• it is granted after the commencement of this section because of section 63B.
63B Exceptions to moratorium
• The operation of section 28 (1) to (10) is not suspended in relation to a grant of a water allocation to a person if—
• the grant is for an allocation of ground water under particular land; and