Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 08 Hansard (Friday, 1 July 2005 2005) . . Page.. 2675 ..
Housing—offers(Question No 393)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, upon notice, on 21 June 2005:
• How many offers are made to an applicant processed as (a) Priority One or (b) Priority Two for Public Housing assistance;
• If an offer for an appropriate form of accommodation, consistent with eligibility criteria for a public housing applicant, is declined is priority approval rescinded for that applicant;
• Does the applicant return to the normal waiting list after declining an offer as a priority applicant.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
• (a) Two
• No. If the first offer is declined the applicant remains on the applicant list at their original priority category.
• No. see above
Digital Divide program(Question No 400)
Mrs Burke asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 22 June 2005:
• What resources is the Government committing to the Digital Divide program in the ACT;
• What funding has been allocated to the program during (a) 2001-02, (b) 2002-03, (c) 2003-04 and (d) 2004-05.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
• The Government has provided over $2m in funding toward the Digital Divide program during the period 2001 to 2005, including $1.43m for the Community IT Access Plan (CITAP).
The CITAP, which will be completed on 30 June 2005, contained key initiatives that were designed to be inclusive and ongoing. Specifically, the impact of the ACT PC Reuse Scheme and public access to IT through ACT Libraries and community centres should continue to have lasting, positive effects beyond the completion of the program.