Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 07 Hansard (Thursday, 23 June 2005 2005) . . Page.. 2302 ..
• Do any of the contracts include clauses similar to those in the Kenoss contracts under which Kenoss was able to claim $23 000 per week for each week during which it was unable to continue the work because of protest or court action;
• Is the work currently underway part of the original stage one contracts;
• Have any contract variations been made to the original Stage One contract;
• What measures have taken place to replace tree hollows after the landclearing works last year.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
• Contracts have been let as part of the GDE works between Barton Highway and Ginninderra Drive since September 2004 for the supply of imported fill. These are as follows:
Delta Pty Ltd $44,000
Hewatt Earthworks Pty Ltd $240,350
• No, the work underway is associated with the main construction contracts as stage one of GDE will require additional fill material. These contracts have been let in advance of the main construction contracts as suitable fill material has become available at minimal costs from major excavations around town.
• Contract variations are made once a contract has been let to establish an agreed value for a change to the required work. No stage one contracts have yet been let and therefore no variations have yet been agreed. However, the quantity of fill required to be imported as part of the stage one works has been reduced as a result of the contracts outlined above.
• During the tree felling operation some hollow logs were observed and marked for relocation by the Contractor to just beyond the cleared corridor to serve as future ground nests. No further measures have taken place to replace tree hollows after the clearing works last year, as advice was received from the Wildlife, Research and Monitoring (WRM) section of Environment ACT that they did not want nesting boxes put up in the Nature Reserve.
Roads—ACTPLA carpark(Question No 379)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 7 April 2005:
• In relation to the carpark for ACTPLA staff at Dickson, on what date was (a) ACTPLA and (b) the Minister first advised of problems with the carpark;
• What problems were advised with the carpark;
• Why was the carpark not closed at the time of the first notification of problems with the carpark;