Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 07 Hansard (Thursday, 23 June 2005 2005) . . Page.. 2301 ..
Mr Smyth’s time as Minister for Business, a departmental officer accompanied Mr Smyth to South Africa, travelling business class – applying the same practice as used now.
• It was more cost efficient to purchase a return business class ticket rather than several one way journeys in different classes – providing a cost saving of $3,356.
• A selection process was not appropriate, given the specific responsibility of the Functions Coordinator for arrangements for the London/Wales leg.
• The officer responsible for arrangements in China accompanied the delegation to China.
Disabled persons—recruitment(Question No 369)
Mrs Burke asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 7 April 2005:
• Further to the reply to question on notice No 96, have you established a set number of places within the ACT Public Service Graduate Program for people with a disability who have graduated from the University of Canberra; if so, what is the set number of places; if not, when will this set number be determined;
• What work has been undertaken to establish further linkages with other tertiary institutions across the ACT as indicated in the reply.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
• Options around the implementation of the 2006 ACT Public Service Graduate Program are currently being considered. The Commissioner for Public Administration has flagged an initial target of 50% representation by people with a disability. Graduates with a disability from a number of universities including the University of Canberra would be eligible to apply.
• The Disability Coordination Office at the Canberra Institute of Technology has also been approached.
Roads—Gungahlin Drive extension(Question No 377)
Dr Foskey asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice, on 7 April 2005:
• In relation to the Gungahlin Drive Extension (GDE), has the Government let contracts for the construction of the GDE between the Barton Highway and Ginninderra Drive since September 2004; if so, to whom and for how much;