Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 06 Hansard (Friday, 6 May 2005 2005) . . Page.. 2023 ..
Hospitals—elective surgery list(Question No 352)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 5 April 2005:
• Has the position of Elective Surgery Waiting List Project Officer advertised in the ACT Government Staff Bulletin been filled; if so, when was the position filled and what work has been undertaken by the person in this position since their appointment; if not, why not;
• What is the purpose of this position;
• How will the Government monitor if this position is effective and is assisting in developing approaches that reduce the elective surgery waiting list;
• Was this position for a period of six months with the possibility of an extension; if so, when will the Government make a decision on whether the position will be extended beyond six months given recent talk of possible job cuts in the public service.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
• No. ACT Health is currently reviewing the scope of the position following a first round of advertising.
• The purpose of the position is to manage a range of projects associated with the ACT Health Elective Surgery Program.
• ACT Health will monitor the effectiveness of this position through the normal operational and human resource management processes.
• ACT Health is currently reviewing the scope in range of functions to be undertaken by the position and will make an assessment of the need for it to continue beyond six months accordingly.
Family Services—relocation(Question No 353)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Children, Youth and Family Support, upon notice, on 5 April 2005:
• Further to the reply to question on notice No 197, why did the answer not address part (4) as to why the relocation of the unit has not been broadly promoted in the community;
• Why did the Government not broadly promote the relocation of Family Services from the Chief Minister’s Department to the Department of Disability, Housing and Community Services.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
• The answer previously provided indicated the relocation of the Office for Children, Youth and Family Support, incorporating Family Services was one of several changes made by