Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 06 Hansard (Friday, 6 May 2005 2005) . . Page.. 2005 ..
Health—dental waiting lists(Question No 319)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 16 March 2005:
• What is the current waiting list and waiting times for adult dental health services in all categories of patients;
• What was the waiting (a) list and (b) times for adult dental health services in all categories of patients at the end of financial years (i) 2003-04, (ii) 2002-03 and (iii) 2001-02.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
• Adult Restorative Waiting list at 11 March 2005
1475 clients waiting and the waiting time is 7 months
• Adult Denture Waiting list at 11 March 2005
152 clients waiting and the waiting time is 4 months
• 15% increase in additions to the centralised waiting list for restorative services from March 04 to March 05.
• All clients are currently completing a full course of dental treatment every 19 months
• All clients triaged as a dental emergency are seen on the same day.
• Adult Waiting list for General Anaesthetic (GA)
At 28 February 2005
Calvary Hospital - Adults and children and young people over 10
106 clients waiting with the average waiting time 12 months
The Canberra Hospital - Children and young people under 10
57 clients waiting with the average waiting time 13 months.
• At TCH 3 clients have been waiting 21 months as they chose to delay treatment for personal reasons.
• 4 Dental Officers provide treatment under General Anaesthetic at TCH and Calvary, 2 are Visiting Dental Officers who undertake more complex oral surgery and 2 are dental officers employed by ACT Health.
• There is (on average) 5 General Anaesthetic lists a month at Calvary 2 (on average) at TCH and between 2 and 4 clients are treated each session.
• The Program also has a booked monthly GA session for special needs clients and more urgent cases at Lidia Perin.
• DHP currently undertaking an audit of the GA waiting list
• Data not available for previous years (i) 2003-04 (ii) 2002-03 and (iii) 2001-02