Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 05 Hansard (Thursday, 7 April 2005 2005) . . Page.. 1602 ..
activity in that area. Sustained targeting and high visibility on Friday and Saturday nights in this area has resulted in a substantial decrease in anti-social driving.
ACT Policing Traffic Operations is in the process of forming a specialised team to combat the increasing rate of illegal burnout and street racing activities within the ACT. Given the age specific nature of these offences ACT Policing continues to employ education to deter such driving and has issued 13 media releases since 2003 through the ACT Policing Media Team.
ACT Policing has ensured a co-ordinated response across a geographic region. The ACT Policing Traffic Operations, South District, North District and the Specialist Response and Security Team work in conjunction with New South Wales Police through the Monaro District Command.
Motor vehicles—home garaged(Question No 225)
Mrs Dunne asked the Attorney-General, upon notice, on 8 March 2005:
• How many cars in your department with ACT Government numberplates are home-garaged every day;
• How many are garaged by officers on call;
• Of those which are not garaged by officers on call, (a) how many cars are there, (b) in which suburbs are they garaged and (c) in the week commencing 7 March 2005, for each car how many kilometres were driven (i) to and from work and (ii) for work purposes.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
• Three cars.
• The officers are not on call. The vehicles were previously garaged at premises which have been broken into a number of times and vehicles vandalised.
• (a) Three cars
• Hackett, Gilmore and Queanbeyan
• (i) Registration number: 210744 – 96kms to and from work
Registration number: 209156 – 136kms to and from work
Registration number: 210948 – 132kms to and from work
(ii) Registration number: 210744 – 231kms for work purposes
Registration number: 209156 – 30kms for work purposes
Registration number: 210948 – 123kms for work purposes
Motor vehicles—home garaged(Question No 226)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for the Environment, upon notice, on 8 March 2005: