Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 04 Hansard (Thursday, 17 March 2005 2005) . . Page.. 1284 ..
• The Heart Foundation grant to deliver their support services to Kids at Play will be determined annually in the grants process.
Planning—recreation strategy(Question No 203)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Economic Development, upon notice, on 17 February 2005:
• Is Sport and Recreation preparing and ACT Recreation Strategy in response to the outcomes of the Canberra Plan; if so, has work begun on this strategy;
• Has a completion date been set for the release of the strategy and when will it be released publicly;
• Why is the Government preparing a Recreation strategy and what will it be used for;
• What is the estimated cost of preparing this Strategy.
Mr Quinlan: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Sport and Recreation ACT has commenced the preparation of a Recreation Strategy. The terms of reference may be found at http://www.sport.act.gov.au/development/projects/recstrategy.html
This strategy is in response to the Canberra Plan.
(2) July 2006.
• The Government is preparing the Strategy to ensure: (a) identify the current provision, both urban and non-urban, of recreation space in the ACT, (b) the development of guiding principles for future land use and provision in urban and non-urban settings in the ACT, and (c) identification of future opportunities in the ACT that will increase opportunities and derive greater community and business/tourism benefits.
• It is anticipated that a consultancy for planning guidelines for land use will cost $35,000, with a consultant to be selected and formally engaged by late March 2005. Sport and Recreation ACT will complete the remainder of the Strategy.
Emergency services—road rulesQuestion No 207)
Mrs Dunne asked the Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on 17 February 2005:
• Have fire-fighting personnel with (a) ACT Forests and (b) Parks Brigade at any time been given a directive not to respond to reports of bushfire incidents, that is to say, to engage in Urgent Duty Driving for example driving in a manner where the road rules may be broken where reasonable to do so;