Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 03 Hansard (Thursday, 10 March 2005 2005) . . Page.. 949 ..
The Framework is a key driver of learning and development activity within the ACT Public Service, and the implementation of the Framework within ACT Public Service agencies is supported by a legislative requirement for all agencies to report on their progress through their Annual Reports.
• Chief Executives are responsible for Equity and Diversity planning and implementation of plans within their agencies.
Details of progress of each agency in implementing Equity and Diversity Plans can be found in Annual Reports, available on the websites of each agency.
Burringiri Aboriginal Corporation—business plan(Question No 134)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Arts, Heritage and Indigenous Affairs, upon notice, on 16 February 2005:
Has the Burringiri Aboriginal Corporation (a) completed a business plan and (b) gained access to the capital works budget of $1.542 million set aside for future capital improvements via working in partnership with the ACT Government on future capital works programs to improve the Cultural Centre.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
• The development of a Burringirri business plan is underway and a final plan will be presented to the Burringirri board for consideration in the near future.
• The terms of the contract between the ACT Government and Burringirri Aboriginal Corporation does not allow for access to capital works funds. However, Chief Minister’s Department and Urban Services have been in consultation with Burringirri on the development of a 5 year capital refurbishment program.
Housing—income limits(Question No 137)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, upon notice, on 16 February 2005:
• How often are reviews conducted of all ACT Housing tenants to ensure that where the assessable income of a household exceeds the prevailing income limit the tenant becomes ineligible for public rental housing assistance;
• Is a tenancy agreement terminated if an ACT Housing tenant has a total housing income exceeding the prevailing income limit; if so, what is the process; if not, why not.
• What steps are taken to assist a tenant to make alternative accommodation options;
• How many ACT Housing tenants are currently in this situation.