Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 03 Hansard (Thursday, 10 March 2005 2005) . . Page.. 928 ..
Page 29, line 22—
omit clause 57, substitute
57 Returning evidential material
The regulator may dispose of evidential material as the regulator considers appropriate if the regulator cannot, despite making reasonable efforts, find—
• the owner of the material; or
• a person who was in lawful possession of the material when the material was seized or secured.
Justice and Community Safety Legislation Amendment Bill 2005
Amendments moved by Dr Foskey
Proposed new section 6A
Page 3 line 23—
6A People disqualified from being licensed
New section 27 (1A)
(1A) However, a person is not disqualified from being licensed only because subsection (1) (a) applies to the person in relation to an offence if—
• the offence is—
• not punishable by imprisonment; or
• punishable by imprisonment of not longer than 2 years; and
• the person was convicted of the offence more than 5 years before the day the person made the application under section 29; and
• the commissioner is satisfied that the disqualification is not in the public interest.
Proposed new section 6B
Page 3, line 23—
6B Section 27 (2)