Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 02 Hansard (Thursday, 17 February 2005 2005) . . Page.. 671 ..
and also referred to the Heritage Council for their consideration and comment as required by Part A3 of the Territory Plan.
Roads—Horse Park Drive(Question No 65)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice, on 9 December 2004:
• When will the extension of Horse Park Drive from Amaroo to Ngunnawal/Nicholls be completed;
• Is this project behind schedule; if not, why did the sign now removed where the road currently ends when entering from Gungahlin Drive say that the extension would be completed in 2003;
• What has been the delay with this project.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
• The road extension will be constructed to meet the requirements of the land release program. With the earlier release than originally planned of Crace and the need to provide water supply infrastructure to service Casey and the balance of Ngunnawal, it is likely that the road extension would be constructed in two stages with the first stage to service future stages of Ngunnawal expected to be required for construction at the earliest in 2008/9.
• There is no current project included in the Capital Works program to extend Horse Park Drive from Amaroo to Ngunnawal/Nicholls. An officer from Roads ACT inspected the site and confirmed that no sign exists in the location specified. The officer also traveled to the other end of Horsepark Drive to check whether a sign, as described was at this location, but none was identified.
• There is no delay as there is no current project to extend Horse Park Drive from Amaroo to Ngunnawal/Nicholls.