Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2004 Week 10 Hansard (26 August) . . Page.. 4479..
(2) Where is it available for public inspection;
(3) Was it formally accepted by a Territory Government in the usual manner of adopting master plans; if so, when;
(4) Is QIC bound in any way to adhere to the master plan for example via the contract or by commitments made in negotiations;
(5) If QIC plans to vary its work from the master plan what (a) processes would be followed to ensure that this variation is understood to be a departure from the original plans and (b) notification and involvement would the public get of the proposed changes to the master plan.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The 2001 Master Plan for the Queensland Investment Corporation's (QIC) development on section 84 (formerly sections 56 and 35), the Bunda Street carpark and Griffin Centre, is the current approved master plan. However, this master plan has been revised and is currently the subject of a Preliminary Assessment.
(2) The Preliminary Assessment is available for public inspection at Government libraries, the ACT Planning and Land Authority and is also available through the ACT Planning and Land Authority's website.
(3) The original 2001 Master Plan was subject to the Government's usual process of adopting master plans at that time. In preparing and finalising the Master Plan it was subject to community and ACT Government consultation. It was also annexured to a Preliminary Assessment that was subsequently endorsed by the Planning agency (then Planning and Land Management) in July 2001. A variation to the Territory Plan was also undertaken to give effect to the Master Plan. Consequent to this, a Deed of Agreement was offered to the proponent in September 2001. Variation 200 introduced a new process for preparing and adopting Master Plans, including a 21 day public notification period.
(4) The Deed of Agreement binds QIC to the delivery of what is in the Master Plan. However, the Master Plan can be amended with the agreement of the parties to the Deed.
(5) QIC has proposed variations to the 2001 Master Plan. These variations are subject to a Preliminary Assessment as has been previously outlined. This Preliminary Assessment has been publicly notified. The documentation identifies the departures from the current master plan.
(Question No 1724)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Education and Training, upon notice, on 2 August 2004:
(1) How many (a) confirmed and (b) scare cases of meningococcal have been reported in A.C.T. schools in (i) 2000-2001, (ii) 2001-2002, (iii) 2002-2003 and (iv) 2003-2004;
(2) Which A.C.T. schools have reported (a) confirmed and (b) scare cases of meningococcal in (i) 2000-2001, (ii) 2001-2002, (iii) 2002-2003 and (iv) 2003-2004;