Legislative Assembly for the ACT: Week 8 Hansard (5 August) . . Page.. 3634..
(1) How many civil matters (a) were filed in the Supreme Court, (b) were finalised by the Supreme Court and (c) had not been dealt with by the Supreme Court between 1 July 2003 and 30 June 2004;
(2) Of the civil matters completed during 1 July 2003 and 30 June 2004, how many (a) were settled before the hearing and (b) went to a full hearing and were decided during this period by the Court.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(total civil pending caseload at 30 June 2004)
168 of the 247 matters set down for hearing were settled on or before the hearing date. Not all finalised matters were set down for hearing.
Judgment was delivered in 17 matters after a hearing.
(Question No 1657)
Mr Stefaniakasked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice, on 1 July 2004:
(1) What ovals have had watering ceased as a result of the Government's decision in August/September 2003 to stop watering a number of sporting ovals;
(2) Which of the above ovals were used for junior sport and what sporting clubs used the ovals prior to them ceasing to be watered;
(3) Is there any intention by the Government to resume watering these ovals; if not, why not;
(4) Do any sporting groups currently use any of these ovals; if so, (a) which ovals are being used and (b) which sporting groups use them.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) In order to comply with Actew/AGL level two water restrictions the following ovals have had watering ceased:
Majura DPF (part)
Holt DPF 2 (part)
Melba DPF (part)
Stirling DPF 4
(NHO = Neighbourhood Oval, DPF = District Playing Fields)