Legislative Assembly for the ACT: Week 8 Hansard (5 August) . . Page.. 3627..
(2) Total revenue collected in respect of infringement notices resulting from the use of these cameras was;
(3) Number of offences detected by the fixed site cameras are as follows;
2002-2003 = 33 882 infringements issued, and
2003-2004 = 24 706 infringements issued.
(4) Estimated revenue collected in respect of infringement notices resulting from the use of the Northbourne Avenue/Barry Drive camera was;
2002 - 2003
2003 - 2004
Number of offences for the fixed Northbourne Avenue/Barry Drive camera was;
2002-2003 = 5 662 infringements issued, and
2003-2004 = 3 721 infringements issued.
Fixed camera site revenue is averaged at $138.00 per infringement.
(Question No 1643)
Mr Cornwellasked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice, on 1 July 2004:
(1) How many stray or abandoned (a) dogs, (b) cats and (c) other animals were impounded at Domestic Animals Services during 2002-03 and 2003-04;
(2) How many animals in each of the categories above were (a) returned to owners, (b) re-homed with new owners, (c) destroyed and (d) micro-chipped or had some other form of identification;
(3) How many animals in each of the categories above (a) with or (b) without identification were able to be returned to their owners.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
Domestic Animal Services (DAS) facilities only cater for dogs. Cats and other animals would, generally be dealt with by the RSPCA.
2002/03 - 1939 dogs were impounded
2003/04 - 1716 dogs were impounded