Legislative Assembly for the ACT: Week 8 Hansard (5 August) . . Page.. 3626..
(2) The value of outstanding fines is recorded against the borrower, not against the item. We are unable to provide a value of the fines outstanding against the outstanding items.
(3) As part of the migration to the new library management system, all items overdue seven years or more, were written off in August 2002. This equated to approximately 28,000 items.
(Question No 1642)
Mr Cornwellasked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice, on 1 July 2004:
(1) In relation to fixed red light and speed cameras installed and operating in the A.C.T. and further to Question on notice No 557, (a) how many of these cameras were installed and operational during (i) 2002-03 and (ii) 2003-04 and (b) in what locations were these cameras situated;
(2) What was the total revenue collected from fines issued by these cameras during (a) 2002-2003 and (b) 2003-04;
(3) How many offences does the figure referred to in part (2) represent;
(4) What revenue did the Northbourne Avenue/Barry Drive camera collect during (a) 2002-03 and (b) 2003-04.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) There are 9 fixed red light and speed cameras operating in the ACT. One was installed in 2000, five were installed in 2001, three were installed in 2002, and one was re-located in 2003. The locations and date installed are as follows:
- Intersection of Northbourne Avenue and Barry Drive - Commissioned December 2000.
- Intersection of Southern Cross Drive and Coulter Drive - Commissioned January 2001 - De-commissioned 14 May 2003. Re-located to Hindmarsh Drive and Yamba Drive.
- Intersection of Drakeford Drive and Marconi Crescent - Commissioned January 2001.
- Intersection of Ginninderra Drive and Aikman Drive - Commissioned Dec 2001.
- Ginninderra Drive and Coulter Drive - Commissioned December 2001.
- Intersection of Barry Drive and Marcus Clarke Street - Commissioned December 2001.
- Intersection of Northbourne Avenue and London Circuit - Commissioned March 2002.
- Intersection of Northbourne Avenue and Antill Street - Commissioned March 2002.