Legislative Assembly for the ACT: Week 8 Hansard (5 August) . . Page.. 3625..
(1) 1656 instances occurred over 2003-04 where waste and recycling collection to individual residences did not occur.
These instances occurred over all suburbs for the following reasons;
- Bin not presented to kerbside by resident
- bins incorrectly presented;
- collection driver failing to provide the service; or,
- bins contaminated with unacceptable waste.
This is an average of 124 per month for 2003/04 (under the new domestic collection contract) compared with an average of 254 per month over the previous 2 years (under the previous collection contracts and the 2 month period of transition to the new contract during May and June 2003.)
(Question No 1641)
Mr Cornwellasked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice, on 1 July 2004:
(1) In relation to the A.C.T. Public Librarys' long term overdue items of more than two years, as at the end of (a) 2003-04, (b) 2002-03, (c) 2001-02 how many such outstanding items were recorded;
(2) What is the total value of late fees owed as a result of these outstanding items for each of the years in part (1);
(3) How many outstanding items were written off, after 7 years overdue, at the end of each of the years listed in part (1);
(4) What was the value of the outstanding items written of in part (3) for each of the years listed in part (1).
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is as follows: