Legislative Assembly for the ACT: Week 8 Hansard (5 August) . . Page.. 3608..
(Question No 1615)
Mr Prattasked the Minister for Industrial Relations, upon notice, on 24 June 2004:
(1) Since the Dangerous Substances Act 2004 came into effect on 31 March have there been any reports to A.C.T. WorkCover about any illegal explosives or fireworks in the ACT;
(2) If so, (a) how many reports have there been and (b) what steps has A.C.T. WorkCover taken to investigate them;
(3) If there have been reports made to A.C.T. WorkCover about any illegal explosives or fireworks in the ACT, how many (a) calls or reports were received to ACT WorkCover, (b) explosives or fireworks were seized, (c) referrals were made to the Australian Federal Police Bomb Squad and (d) warnings were issued.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) There have been a number of reports to ACT WorkCover regarding fireworks for the period between 5 April 2004 (commencement of the Dangerous Substances Act 2004) and 25 June 2004. ACT WorkCover has not received any reports regarding illegal explosives for that period.
(2) (a)There have been 14 reports to ACT WorkCover regarding fireworks for the period between 5 April 2004 and 25 June 2004 (not including reports received over the Queens Birthday Weekend, 11 - 14 June 2004, see answer to QoN 1614).
(b) ACT Work Cover reviewed the information in relation to each report and launched a detailed investigation into 2 of them
(3) (a) See answer 2 (a) above.
(b) Unauthorised fireworks seized include one box of mixed fireworks and three boxes of prohibited fireworks (match crackers).
(c) No referrals were made to the Australian Federal Police Bomb Squad during this period.
(d) No warnings were issued.
(Question No 1616)
Mr Cornwellasked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice, on 24 June 2004:
(1) Further to a Letter to the Editor entitled 'Footpath Safety' in The Chronicle of 22 June 2004, page 26 in relation to the condition of footpaths in Dutton Street, Dickson, is it the case that approximately 196 of 409 cement footpath blocks in this street are either (a) cracked, (b) broken or (c) in need of repair;
(2) When will the footpaths in this particular street be repaired;