Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2004 Week 7 Hansard (1 July) . . Page.. 3277..
Motor vehicles-government fleet
(Question No 1608)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Environment, upon notice, on 24 June 2004:
(1) How many vehicles in the A.C.T. Government car fleet are (a) gas powered, (b) electric powered or (c) powered by another source that makes them environmentally friendly;
(2) What percentage of the entire A.C.T. Government car fleet does the figure in part (1) represent;
(3) Does the figure in part (2) include salary-sacrificed vehicles for personal use; if so, what is the percentage excluding vehicles for personal use;
(4) What effort is made to encourage use of environmentally friendly vehicles in the Government fleet for work use.
Mr Quinlan: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
Dual Fuel LPG / Unleaded Petrol
(2) LPG dedicated and Unleaded/Electric vehicles total 2.56% of the total ACT Government Fleet.
(3) The above figures include the entire ACT Government vehicle fleet, but do not include salary-sacrificed vehicles, trucks or plant.
(4) The Chief Minister's instructions are that a large number of hybrid vehicles be included in the ACT Government Fleet. An initial target of 25 vehicles across a range of government agencies was set. To date, there are 12 Toyota Prius hybrids in service and 23 on order.
Veterinary examination room
Question No 1609)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice, on 24 June 2004:
(1) As at the end of December 2003 was only $10 000 expended of the $100 000 allocated for a veterinary examination room at Domestic Animal Services; if so, what was delivered for the $10 000 spent to date;
(2) Have any further funds been expended since 31 December 2003; if so, (a) how much and (b) for what purpose; if not, why not;