Legislative Assembly for the ACT: Week 6 Hansard (24 June) . . Page.. 2810..
(Question No 1526)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Education, Youth and Family Services, upon notice, on 5 May 2004:
(1) What is the current status and the progress of the pilot study trialing an amalgamation concept between Wanniassa Primary School and Wanniassa High School;
(2) When is the pilot study due for completion;
(3) When will the pilot study report be released;
(4) Have any complaints been received by the Minister or the Department about the pilot study since it began;
(5) If so, how many have been received and what action is being taken to address these complaints;
(6) If no complaints have been received, what feedback has been given to the Minister or the Department, about the pilot study by teachers, parents or the general community;
(7) What mechanisms are in place to record feedback on the pilot study to be incorporated into the final report.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to Mr Pratt's question is:
(1) The amalgamation of Wanniassa High and Primary Schools occurred as a result of lengthy community consultation. The amalgamation commenced at the beginning of the school year in 2000. There was no pilot study of the amalgamation.
(2) Refer to (1)
(3) Refer to (1)
(4) No formal complaints have been received by the department about the amalgamation of Wanniassa High and Primary Schools.
(5) No complaints have been received.
(6) In 2003 the Australian Education Union, ACT Branch produced a report to the AEU ACT Branch Executive, Non Traditional School Structures Review. This report provided feedback on two ACT government K - 10 schools, Gold Creek School and Wanniassa School.
(7) In 2002 Wanniassa School participated in the School Review and Development process which provided feedback on the levels of satisfaction of parents, students and staff. A Wanniassa school Development Report was produced as part of the review process.