Legislative Assembly for the ACT: Week 6 Hansard (24 June) . . Page.. 2786..
(3) If there have been reports made to A.C.T. WorkCover about any illegal explosives or fireworks in the A.C.T., how many (a) calls/reports were received by A.C.T. WorkCover, (b) explosives or fireworks were seized, (c) referrals were made to the Bomb Squad and (d) warnings were issued.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(2) Between 31 March 2004 and 14 May 2004, ACT WorkCover received 19 reports about fireworks. Seventeen (17) reports were about alleged illegal use; one was a request to pick up an unused fireworks a person found in their yard; and one was in relation to an alleged illegal sale of fireworks. The alleged illegal sale is being investigated.
(3) (a) 19
(b) No explosives have been seized. In two matters, fireworks were surrendered to ACT WorkCover.
(c) No referrals were made to the AFP Bomb Squad from ACT WorkCover.
(d) No warnings have been issued. In the matter being investigated, a brief is being prepared for consideration by the Director of Public Prosecution.
(Question No 1500)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, upon notice, on 4 May 2004:
(1) In relation to the Disability Employment Framework and further to the response to Question on notice No 1308 in which you stated that a final draft of this framework would be presented to the Government at the end of May, is work on the framework running according to schedule and will the Government still receive the report by the end of May;
(2) How soon after the Minister receives this report will the Government respond;
(3) Since this report will be handed to the Government after the Budget has been handed down, how will the Government ensure any measures that require funding in this framework will be implemented.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is as follows
(1) I have previously informed the Assembly about the development of Whole-of-Government Disability Employment Framework which will seek to improve employment opportunities for people with disabilities within the ACT Public Service. I have mentioned that the Framework will be linked to the Access to ACT Government Strategy and that it is a joint CMD-DHCS project. As members will be aware, the development of the Framework has the support of the Commissioner for Public Administration, the Chief Executives of the ACT Public Service and the Disability Advisory Council.