Legislative Assembly for the ACT: Week 6 Hansard (22 June) . . Page.. 2444..
Page 95, line 19-
147A Disaster plans
(1) The emergency plan must include a disaster plan for-
(a) each of the following emergencies:
(i) terrorist attack;
(ii) flood and storm emergency;
(iv) bushfire emergency, including a disaster plan for a bushfire in each vulnerable suburb, settlement and village;
(v) urban fire emergency;
(b) any other emergency if there is a reasonable possibility of the emergency happening in the ACT (whether or not an emergency of that kind has happened in the ACT or had an effect in the ACT).
1 a disaster plan for a terrorist attack, including identifying likely targets, community damage, and a plan for recovery and search and rescue
2 chemical and hazardous material incident
3 disease or epidemic emergency
4 aircraft accident
5 hospital emergency or evacuation by ambulance
Note An example is part of the Act, is not exhaustive and may extend, but does not limit, the meaning of the provision in which it appears (see Legislation Act, s 126 and s 132).
(2) A disaster plan for an emergency must include plans prepared by each of the following:
(a) each administrative unit;
(b) each emergency service.
(3) The chief police officer must, in consultation with the authority, prepare disaster plans relating to its community policing role in the ACT, for inclusion in the emergency plan.
147B Community and information plan
(1) The emergency plan must include a community communication and information plan for communicating information to the community during a declared state of alert or state of emergency.
(2) The community communication and information plan must include-
(a) provisions about when and how reports must be given to the community, and the kinds of reports that must be given; and
1 incident reports
2 situation reports