Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2004 Week 4 Hansard (1 April) . . Page.. 1687..
7. Will tickets be cheaper, more expensive or the same as last year;
8. Where will this year's super special stage be held.
Mr Quinlan: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
1. 16 entries have been received as at 31 March 2004. The Supplementary Regulations for the 2004 event were posted on the Rally website on 15 March. The Regulations provide competitors comprehensive event information including, entry procedures, insurance costs, advertising restrictions and other administrative requirements of the event. Usually, entry nominations are received after competitors have ample time to digest the information which appears in the Regulations.
2. The nominations close on 16 April 2004.
3. Of the entry nominations received, 15 are from Australia and one entry is from New Zealand. The breakdown of states in Australia from which entries are received are as follows;
Western Australia - 1
Queensland - 2
New South Wales - 6
South Australia - 2
ACT - 1
Victoria - 3
4. We are expecting s filed of approximately 60 competitors. The number of competitors expected in 2004 is considerably higher as this year's event incorporates the Subaru Rall Challenge in addition to the FIA Asia Pacific Rally Championships. Entry nominations have not yet been received by national or international competitors.
5. The field of competitors for the past three years were:
2001 - 47
2002 - 47
2003 - 33
6. The tickets went on sale to the public on 15 March 2004.
7. The ticket prices are cheaper for the 2004 event. For example, the 2003 season pass for three days was priced at $93.50 and the 2004 two day pass costs $35. As in 2003, the season pass for 2004 includes forest access as well as entry to the Super Special Stage.
ACTC decided to reduce the price of tickets for the 2004 event for two reasons. One reason is due to the shorter duration of the event from three days to two days and the other reason is to attract a larger number of visitors to the event.
8. The Super Special Stage this year will be held in Fairbairn Motorsport Park as it was in 2003.