Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2004 Week 4 Hansard (1 April) . . Page.. 1671..
(4) If so, where can copies be obtained; if not, why not, and when will it be completed.
Mr Wood: The answers to the member's questions are as follows:
(1) Under the terms of the Crown Lease, the Territory is required to develop a conservation management plan that is to be reviewed every ten years. The conservation plan was due for review and had to be undertaken by an experienced heritage conservation practitioner acceptable to the Australian Heritage Commission.
(2) A condition audit report of the building structure, building fabric and building services, plant and equipment.
A building audit report that identifies necessary repair/upgrade work including costing.
A review of the Conservation Plan (1993) to ensure the continued conservation of the land and buildings as a place on the Register of the National Estate.
(3) The review has been completed.
(4) Copies of The Hotel Kurrajong: Conservation Management Plan February 2004, prepared by Eric Martin and Associates, can be obtained from the Department of Urban Services, ACT Heritage Library. The contact number of the Heritage Library is 6207 5163.
Canberra Hospital-insurance claims
(Question No 1375)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Health, upon notice:
(1) In relation to the A.C.T. Government settlement payments for insurance claims against The Canberra Hospital (TCH), how many people currently have insurance claims lodged against TCH;
(2) How many claims were lodged against TCH in (a) 1999, (b) 2000, (c) 2001, (d) 2002 (e) 2003 and (f) 2004 to date;
(3) How many of the claims in part (2) are (a) settled and (b) ongoing;
(4) How much has the A.C.T. Government paid out in the settlement of the claims in the years listed in part (2).
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The ACT Insurance Authority has advised that there are currently 106 medical negligence and 6 public liability active matters against The Canberra Hospital dated back to 1999;
(2) Medical Negligence - Number of Claims