Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2004 Week 02 Hansard (Thursday, 4 March 2004) . . Page.. 853 ..
Water—restrictions(Question No 1265)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to a review of sports grounds:
• Has the assessment of the state of category 3 and Category 4 sports grounds been completed;
• If so, what are the results of that assessment; if not, when will it be completed;
• How many Category 3 and 4 sports grounds are in a condition where they will be able to be used during the winter
• What is the estimate of the cost of the work needed to restore these ovals to usable condition;
• Which ovals require such restoration work and what will be the cost of restoring each of these ovals;
• Which ovals are in such bad condition that they will not be available for use during the winter season of 2004;
• How much will it cost to restore each of these ovals to a condition of being fit for use;
• Has any work been done on studying the likely impact of the unavailability of these ovals for competition during the 2004 season;
• In regards to (8), if so, what was the outcome; if not why not.
Mr Wood: The answers to the member’s questions are as follows:
• Yes the inspection of Category 3 and Category 4 sports grounds has been completed.
• The assessment has led to the withdrawal from formal sporting use of the following Category 4 grounds: Campbell Neighbourhood Oval (NHO); Chisholm NHO; Evatt NHO; Farrer NHO; Florey NHO; Gilmore NHO; Isabella NHO; Kaleen South NHO; Macgregor NHO ;Monash NHO; Richardson NHO; Spence NHO; Theodore NHO; Watson NHO and the Category 3 ground Bonython NHO.
• There will be eight Category 4 grounds and twenty Category 3 grounds that can be used during the 2004 winter.
• The cost of restoring these ovals to a usable condition, as per our quotation from CityScape Services, is $90,190.50.
• The following ovals require restoration work at the amounts indicated: Kaleen North NHO-$14,808; Nicholls NHO-$22,600; Page NHO-$11,785; Conder NHO-$14,587; Rivett NHO fields 1 and 2-$11,906 and Yarralumla NHO-$14,405. The remaining grounds that are to be used during winter 2004 will receive restoration work in spring 2004 but based on recent inspections are expected to be playable for the winter season.