Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2004 Week 2 Hansard (4 March) . . Page.. 838..
(1) The ACT Government has not included similar awards for the recognition of 'International Men's Day' in the Canberra Social Plan because it is not a recognised celebration.
(2) The ACT Government does not have any activities in place for the future recognition of 'International Men's Day'.
(3) See answer to (1) above.
(Question No 1245)
Mr Cornwellasked the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, upon notice:
In respect of initial reforms to be made to energy, water and sewerage concessions as outlined in the Canberra Social Plan 2004, page 28:
(1) From what date will the new concession for households connected to gas be introduced in order to remove the anomaly in current arrangements and streamline energy concessions;
(2) From what date will the rebates be adjusted to ensure that A.C.T. residents on low incomes are not disadvantaged by electricity, water and gas price rises;
(3) From what date and in what form will advice on improving energy efficiency be offered to households in receipt of concessions;
(4) What will the value of each of the concessions above be to each household or consumer on a yearly basis;
(5) Will each of the concessions above also be made available to all low-income self-funded retirees in the ACT.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1-4) The Chief Minister announced in The Canberra Social Plan (Action 1.2) that the government would increase the concession payments on electricity, water and sewerage charges to ensure that people on low incomes are not disadvantaged by price rises. This includes a new concession for gas.
The date of the scheme's commencement and the value of the concession to individual recipients was not announced within The Social Plan.
Details for the initiatives will be announced by the Government shortly.
(5) Eligibility for the new scheme would continue to be the same as for the current concession, that is, holders of current Centrelink Pensioner Concession Cards and Health Care Cards and Department of Veterans' Affairs Pensioner Concession Cards and Gold Cards. Low-income self-funded retirees would only be eligible for the energy concession if they are also a holder of one of these concession cards.