Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2004 Week 2 Hansard (4 March) . . Page.. 827..
Answers to questions
(Question No 1180)
Mr Smythasked the Chief Minister, upon notice:
For the funds allocated as bushfire initiatives in the 2003-04 Budget for counselling services:
(1) How much of the allocated funding for (a) 2002-03 and (b) 2003-04 has been spent;
(2) How many residents have accessed counselling services established as part of the bushfire recovery;
(3) Will this service cease to exist at the end of the current financial year.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is:
1. Allocated Funding spent in
a. 2002-03 - $164,483
b. 2003-04 - $120,235 to end of December, 2003
2. As at the end of January 2004, a total of 434 people have been provided with counselling services from the Recovery Centre.
3. Ongoing services for those who might still require counseling will be available after 30 June 2004.
(Question No 1231)
Mr Cornwellasked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to taxis operating in the ACT
(1) Are drivers required to sit for tests about their knowledge of suburbs, streets, the quickest way to reach a destination;
(2) Are they expected to assist the elderly or infirm passengers if required;
(3) If neither of the above are required, why not;
(4) If (1) and (2) are required, what action is taken in the event of a complaint and where should such complaints be made.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Yes, the Taxi Driver Training course conducted by Transport Industries Skills Centre requires the driver to meet competencies in relation to the taxi service area. These competencies include knowledge of key locations/tourist attractions and identifying the most appropriate routes to be taken and major routes.