Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2004 Week 2 Hansard (4 March) . . Page.. 825..
(b) promoting understanding and acceptance of, and compliance with, this Act.
Note A reference to an Act includes a reference to the statutory instruments made or in force under the Act, including regulations (see Legislation Act, s 104).
Dangerous Substances Bill 2003
Amendment moved by Ms Tucker
Proposed new clause 223A
Page 174, line 21-
223A Review of Act
(1) The Minister must arrange for a person (the reviewer) to review the operation of this Act as soon as practicable after 30 June 2005.
NoteA reference to an Act includes a reference to the statutory instruments made or in force under the Act, including regulations (see Legislation Act, s 104).
(2) The review must include an assessment of-
(a) the effectiveness of this Act in regulating the supply of fireworks in the ACT; and
(b) the social and environmental effects, in the ACT and elsewhere, of the use of fireworks supplied in or from the ACT.
(3) The reviewer must not be a public employee employed in an administrative unit that is responsible for the administration of this Act or the Occupational Health and Safety Act 1989.
(4) The reviewer is not subject to direction by the Minister or the chief executive in carrying out the review.
(5) The reviewer must give the Minister a written report of the review before 15 January 2006.
(6) The Minister must present the report to the Legislative Assembly before the end of the Assembly's 3rd sitting day in 2006.
(7) This section expires on 30 June 2006.