Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2004 Week 1 Hansard (12 February) . . Page.. 430..
(1) Has ACTION taken possession of the new buses that were budgeted for in the 2003-04 Budget;
(2) Has the arrival of the new buses been delayed, and if so what is the cause of the delay;
(3) If we are still waiting of the new buses, what is the expected date that the new buses will commence service?
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the Member's questions is as follows:
(1) ACTION has taken possession of 20 new Irisbus buses. The first of 42 new Scania ultra low-floor, air-conditioned CNG buses will arrive early in 2004.
(2) Yes, a delay in the arrival of the Scania buses has occurred. The roll out of these buses was expected to commence prior to Christmas 2003. However, the manufacturer was unable to meet this schedule.
(3) 24 new Scania buses will be delivered progressively until the end of September 2004 and a further 18 will be progressively delivered until the end of July 2005.
(Question No 1226)
Ms Dundas asked the Minister for Sport, Racing and Gaming, upon notice:
In relation to sportsgrounds. Can the Minister provide a detailed list of:
(1) Sportsgrounds that have been upgraded under last budget's sportsground/facilities management program;
(2) What the spending was for;
(3) How much each allocation was.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question, which has been referred to me as it falls within my portfolio, is as follows:
(1) Sportsgrounds that have been upgraded under last budgets program are: Chapman Oval; Cook Oval; Deakin District Playing Fields; Forestry Oval; Holt ground No.2; Holt ground No.1 and Calwell District Playing Fields.
(2) The spending was for: a new canteen and toilet block at Chapman Oval; a new canteen and store room at Cook Oval; a refurbishment of the pavilion at Deakin District Playing Fields; a new pavilion at Forestry Oval; new floodlights at Holt ground No.2; new floodlights at Holt ground No.1 and new floodlights at Calwell District Playing Fields.
(3) The allocation for each of the jobs is: Chapman Oval $155,000; Cook Oval $116,000; Deakin District Playing Field $64,000; Forestry Oval $166,000; Holt ground No.2 $52,000; Holt ground No.1 $69,000 and Calwell District Oval $69,000.