Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2004 Week 1 Hansard (12 February) . . Page.. 404..
(3) This project was scheduled for completion in November 2003 did this occur given that only $65 000 had been spent at the end of September;
(4) If yes to (3) on what date was the project completed. If no to (3) how much money has been spent on this project to date, what is the new completion date and what has been the cause of the delay.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's questions is as follows:
(1) The works involve the provision of a new water main to service the new estate of Conder 4.
(2) Initial expenditure involved design and tender preparation for the construction contract.
(3) The project was completed in November 2003.
(4) Practical Completion was achieved on 5 November 2003
Police force-computer-aided dispatch
(Question No 1188)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on
11 December 2003:
In relation to computer aided dispatch:
(1) In the September Quarterly Capital Works Progress Report $51 000 was spent at the end of the first quarter for 2003-04 on the 'Computer aided dispatch'. What was delivered for the expenditure of this $51 000;
(2) What is the total amount of expenditure on this project as at 10 December 2003;
(3) What work will be undertaken in the remainder of this financial year on the computer aided dispatch;
(4) The completion date for this project is set at June 2004. Are plans still running according to schedule to meet this deadline, if not, why not.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The expenditure to 30 September 2003 was mainly a progress payment to the contractor for the development of the computer aided dispatch (CAD) software.
(2) The expenditure on this project as at 10 December was $375,758.
(3) The major tasks to be completed by 30 June 2004 are:
i. install and test the final version of the CAD software (Vision 3);
ii. purchase and install operator consoles in the communications centre;
iii. purchase and install Mobile Data Terminals and Automatic Vehicle Location System into all Fire Brigade and Ambulance vehicles;