Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2004 Week 1 Hansard (12 February) . . Page.. 400..
- Research documented. Interim reports and seminars presented prior to final documentation.
July 2006-June 2007
develop education and training modules on the findings for investigators, corrections personnel and community educators;
develop supervision protocols for high-risk offenders during high-risk fire days;
refine risk assessment tools for fire-fighter recruitment;
develop a bushfire arson cost model; and
establish protocols for the collection of a national minimum data set for bushfire arson.
(3) The Bushfire Cooperative Research Centre is a national centre of research and accordingly research findings are required to have a national application.
The expected outcomes and uses for the research are described under question (2) above, for the year July 2006-June 2007.
(Question No 1179)
Mr Smyth asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 11 December 2003:
In relation the bushfire commemoration in Commonwealth Park on Sunday 18 January 2004:
(1) How much will the commemoration event cost ACT taxpayers;
(2) How much will it cost the ACT Government for the professional event manager;
(3) How much will it cost the ACT Government for musicians and other entertainers to perform at the commemoration;
(4) From which appropriation will this event be funded.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The estimated cost of the ceremony is $75,000 for the events manager, performers and technical costs. There may be some additional costs for items such as advertising and catering;
(3) $19,000.00 (estimate only, pending finalisation of program);
(4) Chief Minister's Department Output Class 4.1 Bushfire Recovery.