Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2004 Week 1 Hansard (12 February) . . Page.. 383..
CONDITIONS RELATING TO THE USE OF A PUBLIC SPACE FOR COMMUNITY ART OR STREET ART.
1. Work is not to commence before the Applicant receives a copy of the approved application.
2. Approval to use an asset is at the desecration of the asset owner and therefore not always guaranteed.
3. A new application to paint over old work by the applicant needs to be filled out and approval given.
4. Where an old work is being re-used by the original applicant costs and materials to apply an undercoat is to be borne by the applicant.
5. Where a work is considered to be unsightly due to being hit by unauthorised tags the Department will have the work painted out.
6. Any work that has racist or political overtones, has offensive language or discriminates against any person or persons will be painted out.
Special Conditions to be observed
1. The area shall be managed by the Applicant in an orderly and safe manner. When vacated it should be left in a clean and tidy condition to the satisfaction of the Territory and at no expense to the Territory.
2. Should the need arise the area is to be vacated within a period specified by the territory.
3. Any damage to the site including grassed surfaces, footpaths, kerbs and gutters, trees, irrigation system, or any other installations or services contained within the unleased Territory land is to be fully restored by the applicant to the complete satisfaction of the Territory and at no expense to the Territory.
4. The Department reserves the right to impose any other conditions on the use of Territory land as it deems appropriate.
5. If this application is approved, all costs arising out of the Applicant's use of the area will be borne by the Applicant.
6. The Territory reserves the right to withdraw, make changes to, or change the conditions to an approved application at any ti8me. Changes are to be completed at no expense to the Territory.
Indemnity (Required if applicant is applying on behalf of a business, organisation or incorporated body). In consideration of the ACT Government (hereby called the Territory) permitting the use of a public place.
hereby indemnity and undertake at all times to keep indemnified the Territory, its officers, servants, and agents against all actions, proceedings, claims and demands which may be bought, made, or prosecuted against them for any injury, loss or damage arising out of the sue of the public place and against all costs, damages, and expenses which may be incurred by the Territory, its officers, servants, or agents in defending or setting such actions, proceedings, claims and demands. (Evidence of Public Liability Insurance must be provided with the application).