Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2004 Week 01 Hansard (Thursday, 12 February 2004) . . Page.. 377 ..
• The date listed for starting work on this project is June 2003, is this still accurate and has work begun. If not, why not;
• Will the remainder of the funds be expended this financial year;
• Has a contract been let for this project. If so, who was awarded the contract, if not, when will the contract be let;
• The completion date listed for this project in the Budget Papers is March 2005, while the date listed in the 2002-03 Capital Works Progress Report is June 2006. Which is the correct date, or is there a new date altogether.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
• The project funding allocated ($5m), has not been revised down. The $120 000 represented the estimated project expenditure for 2002-03.
• Following the events of October 12 (Bali bombing), the Australian Federal Police reviewed the security of all of its buildings including the security measures incorporated in this project in the interests of community and police safety. This impacted on the progress and expenditure during 2002-03.
• The $61 000 was for project insurances and some initial work on the project brief by ACT Procurement Solutions.
• The design team for the Woden Police Station was engaged by the Department of Justice and Community Safety in July 2003. A Development Application (DA) for the police station was lodged on 19 December 2003. Progress to date includes the Preliminary Sketch Plans and the Final Sketch Plan documentation completed for lodgement of the DA. ACT Procurement Solutions have not yet invoiced the Department for the design teams services to date this year.
• The project activities commenced in June 2003 with the engagement of the design team following in July 2003.
• The remainder of the allocated funds will not be expended this year however it is clear that the project is now advancing apace.
• A contract was let for the design of the police station in July 2003 to Collins-Caddaye & Associates Pty Ltd. Another contract for the construction of the station will be let this financial year.
• The present project timeline has a station commissioning date of March 2005. The date outlined in the Capital Works Progress Report is the project financial completion date provided by ACT Procurement Solutions which allows for a one year Defects Liability Period following commissioning of the station.
Housing—eligibility requirements(Question No 1156)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, upon notice: