Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2004 Week 01 Hansard (Thursday, 12 February 2004) . . Page.. 376 ..
• Not all break-ins result in theft. Of the 117 break-ins reported, 46 resulted in theft this year, including the theft of computers.
The following items (excluding computers) have been stolen in the reported break-ins: Oxy & acetylene equipment, televisions, digital video disc players, video cameras, data projectors, digital cameras, digital video cameras, digital video discs, food from canteen, metalwork equipment, compact discs, fax machines, a ride-on lawn mower, sporting equipment, a stereo system and video games items. The total value of theft of items (excluding computers) this year is $94,826.
• Over the past twelve calendar months a total of 37 schools reported thefts of computers. The total number of PCs (including laptops) reported stolen was 130 of approximately 14,000 computers in schools or less than 1%. Of these there were:
• 60 school PCs or laptops; and
• 70 teacher PCs or laptops.
• Four claims have been made by schools in 2003.
• No claims have been made by the Department for theft of school-based assets in 2003.
• The total replacement value of the reported theft of computers in the past twelve months is $152,000. The total value of all other goods reported stolen from schools in the past twelve months is $94,826. This represents an annual cost of theft to schools in Canberra of approximately $250,000.
• There is a $25,000 deductible (excess) for each claim made under the insurance policy. In major instances the department would accept responsibility for the excess and reimburse schools.
• No. See also the response to (7) above.
Woden police station(Question No 1145)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on Thursday, 27 November 2003:
In relation to the Woden Police Station:
• A total of $5 million was allocated in 2002-03 for the Woden Police Station, but this figure was revised down to $120 000, why is this so;
• Why was only $61 000 of that $120 000 expended at the end of 2002-03;
• What was delivered for the $61 000 expended last financial year;
• $5.605 million has been allocated for expenditure in 2003-04, how much of that allocation has been expended to date this financial year. If funds have been expended this financial year, what has been delivered for that expenditure;