Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2004 Week 1 Hansard (12 February) . . Page.. 372..
(5) As at 30 June 2003 construction work on the high school had not commenced. Construction of the high school commenced in September 2003 and work is progressing on schedule with bulk earthworks and in-ground services being completed currently. The outstanding authorisation will be expended progressively as the project progresses towards a programmed completion date of December 2005.
(Question No 1133)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on 26 November 2003:
In relation to works in progress in emergency services:
(1) Have any of the projects below been scrapped:
(a) Belconnen Joint Emergency Services Centre;
(b) Joint Emergency Services Training Centre;
(c) Joint Emergency Services Centre - West Belconnen;
(2) If so, which projects have been scrapped and why. If not, will any funds be expended on (a), (b) and (c) above this financial year. If so, how much and on which projects.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) (a) No.
(2) Yes, funds will be expended in this financial year. The extent of this expenditure is unknown at this time.
Children in care
(Question No 1135)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Education, Youth and Family Services, upon notice, on 26 November 2003:
In relation to children in care:
(1) How many children in the ACT are cared for by adults other than their lawful parents;
(2) How many grandparents are registered carers of children in the ACT;
(3) What support do grandparents who are carers of children receive from the ACT Government;
(4) How many registered foster carers are there in the ACT at:
(a) the current date
(b) in 2002-03;