Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2004 Week 1 Hansard (12 February) . . Page.. 368..
(6) What was the cost to the taxpayer of the graffiti cleanup in 2002 and 2003 to date.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) During 2002 a total of 84 graffiti offences were reported to police. During the period 1 January to 31 October 2003, 51 graffiti offences were reported to police.
(2) Yes all reports of graffiti offences were investigated.
(3) During the 2002 calendar year ACT Policing laid 19 charges in relation to Graffiti Offences. In the current calendar year to 31 October 2003 ACT Policing laid 6 charges in relation to Graffiti Offences
(4) Four were successfully prosecuted in 2003.
(5) Penalties predominantly involved fines, community orders and good behaviour bonds.
(6) According to data provided by Canberra Urban Parks and Places, Urban Services, the costs of graffiti clean ups are contained in Tables 1 and 2.
Table 1: Expenditure 2002-03
Graffiti - Removal from Public Assets
Graffiti - Removal from Private Assets
Table 2. Expenditure on public and private graffiti to 19 Dec 2003 (2003/04):
Annual Management Budget Expenditure
Graffiti - Public Assets
Graffiti - Private Assets
The information provided represents financial years.
Legislative Assembly-staff counselling
(Question No 1127)
Mr Cornwell asked the Chief Minister, upon notice:
In relation to the provision of an employee assistance program by Davidson Trahaire Corpsych to staff of the Legislative Assembly:
(1) Is this arrangement to provide free counselling services extended to all executive staff of the Legislative Assembly, or are there exceptions:
(2) What is the cost to the ACT Government for the provision of this service;