Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2004 Week 1 Hansard (12 February) . . Page.. 359..
Civic Youth Centre
(Question No 1084)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Education, Youth and Family Services, upon notice, on 19 November 2003:
In relation to Civic Youth Centre:
(1) In light of the redevelopment of the Griffin Centre and the temporary relocation of the Civic Skate Park, are there any plans to redevelop or refurbish the Civic Youth Centre;
(2) If so, when is this scheduled to occur and what is the estimated budget;
(3) If not, why not.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to Mr Pratt's question is:
(1) No, but there are plans to replace the Civic Youth Centre in another location.
Gungahlin child care centre
(Question No 1091)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Education, Youth and Family Services on 19 November 2003:
In relation to Gungahlin Child Care Centre, can the Minister advise:
(1) Has the contract for provision of services been awarded yet. If so, when. If not, why not;
(2) To whom was the contract awarded;
(3) What fee structure was presented by the winning tenderer;
(4) On what basis was the winning tender determined superior to other tenders;
(5) On what criteria was the winning tender awarded.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to Mrs Burke's question is:
(1) The sublease for the management of Gungahlin Children's Centre commenced on 1 December 2003.
(2) The successful tenderer was Ms Lorraine Menzies.
(3) The fees for the Gungahlin Children's Centre are $225 per week, $52 per day.