Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 14 Hansard (11 December) . . Page.. 5342..
(5) Has Treasury undertaken an evaluation of the ways in which other jurisdictions manage and report on the investments held by their public sector superannuation accounts;
(6) If this evaluation has been undertaken, what has been the outcome and is it possible to receive a report on this evaluation.
Mr Quinlan: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The annual financial statements of the SPA, including the performance of investments, are prepared in accordance with legislative requirements and prescribed accounting standards, and are subject to the annual scrutiny of the Auditor-General.
(2) Not applicable.
(3) Not applicable.
(4) Not applicable.
(5) The SPA is not a superannuation scheme. The organisational, legal and reporting requirements for Superannuation schemes differ significantly to those of the SPA.
(6) Not applicable.
(Question No 1209)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice:
In relation to the proposal for the ACT Government to purchase certain land in Majura from the Commonwealth Government:
(1) What Commonwealth Government and ACT Government departments and agencies have been involved in negotiations relating to this transaction;
(2) What is the status of any negotiations that have taken place in relation to this transaction;
(3) When is it estimated that these negotiations will be concluded;
(4) What parcel or parcels of land are included in negotiations;
(5) Is there any indication that the price for any land that is the subject of this transaction will vary from the amount appropriated in Appropriation Act 2003-2004 (No 2).
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's questions is as follows:
(1) The Department of Defence, the Department of Finance and Administration and National Capital Authority have represented the Commonwealth. The Chief Minister's Department, Department of Justice and Community Safety, ACT Planning and Land Authority and Land Development Agency have represented the ACT Government.