Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 14 Hansard (11 December) . . Page.. 5335..
2. Will Australian Capital Tourism still organize the event and what section will look after the Rally of Canberra given the changes to the tourism agency in the ACT;
3. Has any planning begun for the 2004 event, if so, has Australian Capital Tourism been given any indication of how many nominations will be received for the 2004 event;
4. Will Subaru sponsor the 2004 event, if not, why not and what plans are underway to find a new sponsor.
Mr Quinlan: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
2. Yes, Australian Capital Tourism (ACTC) will continue to use the existing team of core staff who were responsible for organising previous events. The Rally Manager, who previously worked for event management company, IMG, has now been employed by the Corporation. This has provided the opportunity to achieve cost savings and better coordination of ACTC's marketing and sponsorship program across all other events.
3. Planning has commenced for the 2004 event, with work centred on course design and the event program. At this stage, organisers are expecting a similar level of international support as in 2003. A total of 37 crews entered the event in 2003, of which 17 were international.
We expect the rally to grow further with Subaru Australia about to launch a 'one-make' series that will be incorporated under the framework of several Australian rally events, including the Rally of Canberra. This event will incorporate a field comprising the same brand of car and is expected to add some 30 more competitors to the rally field.
Investigation into the concept of a 'piggy-back' historic rally event is also continuing, which is expected to further boost the number of competitors coming to Canberra.
4. Verbal agreement has been provided from Subaru for their sponsorship of the 2004 - 2006 events. Australian Capital Tourism is currently awaiting formal ratification of the contract.
(Question No 1155)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, upon notice:
In relation to properties within the ACT and ACT Housing stock. For each suburb within the ACT, please specify:
(1) How many properties are located within each suburb;
(2) Further to (1), how many of these are owned by ACT Housing;
(3) Further to (2), what percentage is this of the total number of properties within this area.