Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 14 Hansard (11 December) . . Page.. 5321..
o Safety Switches - Lake Tuggeranong College, Erindale College, Lake Ginninderra College, Kaleen High School, Narrabundah College, Gold Creek Senior School, Canberra College (Woden Campus), Campbell High School, Canberra High School $110 000
o Roof Safety - Canberra College (Woden Campus), Ladder brackets at various primary schools $80 000
(4) The remaining financing of $100 000 will be drawn down in 2003-04 in order to complete the project at an estimated end cost of $800 000.
Department of Justice and Community Safety-relocation costs
(Question No 1098)
Mr Pratt asked the Attorney-General, upon notice, on 20 November 2003:
In relation to capital works funds for 'Fitout to new accommodation':
(1) Why was $3m required for the project titled 'Fitout to new accommodation' and what exactly is meant by 'Fitout to new accommodation';
(2) Why is the project identification for this project listed as 'NEW' when all other projects have a code number;
(3) In the 2002-03 Capital Works Progress Report this project was revised down from $3m expenditure in 2002-03 to $1m, why is this so;
(4) Why was only $7 000 of that $1m (of a $3m project) expended in 2002-03;
(5) What was delivered for the $7 000 that was expended;
(6) Will the outstanding authorisation of $2.993m be expended this financial year;
(7) How much of the outstanding authorisation has been expended to date this financial year;
(8) Has a contract been let for the work to be undertaken. If so, who was awarded the contract, if not, why not and when will a contract be let;
(9) The Budget Papers indicate that this project is scheduled for completion by January 2004, is this still a realistic deadline. If so, what percentage of works have been completed to date. If not, what is the new deadline and why has the project been delayed.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The $3m was the original estimate for the project to relocate those parts of the Department of Justice and Community Safety currently housed in GIO House, to new accommodation at Moore Street. The term 'fitout of new accommodation' is commonly used to incorporate all costs associated with an office relocation.
(2) On page 137 of the 2002-2003 Department of Justice and Community Safety Annual Report, this project is listed under the heading 'Departmental - Major New Works',