Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 14 Hansard (11 December) . . Page.. 5311..
(2) Work on the project commenced in mid November 2003.
(3) Under the terms of the development approval work must be completed within 24 months of the date of approval.
(4) The dwellings may be unit titled on completion, so long as construction has been completed and the application for unit title made by 30 June 2004.
(5) The childcare centre closed in May 1999. This appears to have been a commercial decision by the operators. At this time there appeared to be no unmet demand for childcare places in the Woden Valley.
(Question No 1081)
Mr Cornwell asked the Treasurer, upon notice:
Since the introduction of Stage 3 water restrictions on 1 October 2003:
(1) How many reports of activities in breach of Stage 3 water restriction guidelines have been made to the ActewAGL water restrictions hotline from 1 October against (a) individuals (b) businesses or other enterprises (c) government agencies to date;
(2) How many warning notices have been issued to (a), (b) and (c) above as a result of such reports;
(3) How many fines or prosecutions have been issued to (a), (b) and (c) above as a result of such reports;
(4) What are the most commonly reported types of breaches of water restrictions that ActewAGL has received since the introduction of Stage 3 water restrictions.
Mr Quinlan: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) ACTEW advises that as at 26 November 2003 the Drought Advisory Hotline has received 509 calls by members of the community relating to non-compliance on 195 properties (averaging 2 to 3 calls per property) not including complaints relating to government properties.
These 195 properties reported for non-compliance consist of:
(a) Individual or Private Residences - 161
(b) Businesses or commercial properties - 34
In addition, there were 42 non-compliance reports for Government agencies and government operated land.
(2) ACTEW advises that as at 26 November 2003 the total number of steps taken in the infringement action process against each property reported for non-compliance (not including government property reports) has been: