Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 13 Hansard (27 November) . . Page.. 4965..
(1) Has the Minister received any requests or bids for shopping centre upgrades as part of the 2004-05 Budget. If so, which shopping centres have asked for consideration in the next budget;
(2) What shopping centre upgrades are taking place this financial year and to what dollar value.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Requests for shopping centre upgrades as part of the 2004 - 05 budget have been received from Deakin, Hackett and Duffy shopping centres.
(2) Shopping centre upgrades taking place this financial year are at Holder shops ( approx $0.5m) and Bible Lane, Civic (approx $0.5m).
(Question No 1151)
Mr Smyth asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 27 November 2003:
In relation to Canberra Stadium:
(1) How many events are planned to take place at Canberra Stadium next year?
(2) Other than NRL and Super 12 matches, what events will take place and on what dates?
(3) What is the estimated income for the Stadiums Authority from the events planned in 2004?
Mr Quinlan: The answers to the member's questions are as follows:
(2) ACT Junior Rugby League Finals 28-29 August 2004 ACT Junior Rugby Union Finals
4-5 September 2004
(3) $3 m
(Question No 1152)
Mr Smyth asked the Treasurer, upon notice; on 27 November 2003:
In relation to the changed arrangements for exemptions from land tax for residential properties owned by a trust or a company, that were implemented as part of the 2003-03 Budget:
(1) How many properties have had their exemptions from land tax removed as a result of these new arrangements;