Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 13 Hansard (27 November) . . Page.. 4947..
In relation to suburban roads in Belconnen suburbs. Please list on a suburb by suburb basis how much was spent on repairs and improvements to roads in each suburb in Belconnen for the financial year ending 30 June 2003. (This question does not relate to the arterial roads linking suburbs such as Ginninderra Drive, Belconnen Way or Caswell Drive, rather roads within each suburb.)
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
Roads ACT has advised that $2,641,258 was expended on the maintenance of the ACT's municipal roads for 2002/03. This included $1,247,267 for planned maintenance and $1,393,991 for routine maintenance.
Roads ACT do not record expenditure on a suburb by suburb basis for road maintenance activities. Expenditure is recorded by project for planned maintenance and task type for routine maintenance. A project can include various roads within the ACT road network and the work is carried out by contractors under a contract sum. In the case of routine maintenance the expenditure may be for pothole repairs carried out during a month.
Hence, under the current system of recording it is difficult, time consuming and costly to back track and attribute costs to a particular road within a particular suburb for the purpose of providing a specific answer to this question.
ACTION bus services
(Question No 1095)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice:
In relation to ACTION bus services:
Have any bus services been taken off line this calendar year, if so:
(1) What routes have been cancelled and why;
(2) What were the pick up and drop off points for those routes;
(3) Have any funds been saved in cancelling these routes;
(4) If so, how much, (please provide figures on a daily cost if possible);
(5) Have any routes cancelled been replaced with alternative routes in that area;
(6) If so what is the new route and what is the cost of operating that route on a daily basis.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's questions is as follows:
(1) No regular route services have been cancelled with the exception of changes associated with the trial of a night time area service from Woden Interchange to Weston Creek. The trial commenced on 24 November 2003 and operates from 7.30pm, six days a week. Previously, three routes, 25, 26 and 27, operated between Woden and Weston Creek during these hours at a ninety minute frequency.