Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 13 Hansard (27 November) . . Page.. 4945..
(Question No 1080)
Mr Cornwell asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to POLTECH (a supplier of fixed red light and speed cameras in the ACT) and the testing for accuracy of that equipment:
(1) Is POLTECH, as well as supplying the above equipment, also contractually responsible for its testing, repair and maintenance;
(2) If the answer to (1) above is yes, given that POLTECH is said to be in voluntary administration, what is being done to ensure that testing, repair and maintenance of this equipment is not compromised, and that POLTECH upholds any contractual obligations to the ACT, and when does this contract expire;
(3) If the answer to (1) above is no, who does the ACT Government contract to test, maintain and repair this equipment, and when does this contract expire;
(4) What will be the financial impact to the ACT in the event that POLTECH is wound up;
(5) If POLTECH is wound up, what will the ACT Government do to ensure that testing, repair and maintenance of this equipment continues to be performed on a regular basis.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) POLTECH is contracted to repair and maintain the fixed red light and speed cameras only. Testing and certification is undertaken independently by the CSIRO.
(2) The contract for maintenance and repair of fixed cameras expires in December 2003. An independent contractor with appropriate qualifications has recently been engaged to conduct maintenance and repairs.
(4) In the short term it is expected that there will be no financial impact. The longer term implications will be assessed when the future of POLTECH is known.
(5) See answer (2) above.
Periodic detention centre
(Question No 1089)
Mr Smyth asked the Attorney General, upon notice, on 19 November 2003:
In relation to the Periodic Detention Centre (PDC):
(1) Why was there an overspend of $29 000 on the upgrade of the PDC as shown in the
2002-03 Capital Works Progress Report;