Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 12 Hansard (20 November) . . Page.. 4554..
environmental harm. Accordingly, the penalties for these offences do not apply to Government departments, but they do apply to Government instrumentalities, officers, employees and contractors.
(Question No 1057)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, upon notice, on 23 October 2003:
(1) How many different Housing Managers have been positioned at Currong Apartments since 1 July 2002 to date;
(2) Of the range of circumstances in which Housing Managers move positions, as specified in your reply to Question on Notice No 968, please indicate which apply to each of the changes which have taken place at Currong Apartments during the stated period;
(3) Is it the case that the most recent Housing Manger is being moved after only six weeks, having commenced there in early September 2003;
(4) Further to (3), please indicate the circumstances surrounding this particular change:
(5) What work practices are in place concerning the relationship between Housing Managers and privately contracted security guards at Currong Apartments;
(6) Further to (5), in the event of an accident of anti-social and/or criminal nature taking place involving residents or other parties within the grounds of Currong Apartments, is it the case that record, other than police records, are maintained reporting such incidents between Housing Managers and security officers. If so, please provide a blank copy of the nature of such form or reporting. If not, why not, and how, in such circumstances, are such incidents monitored.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Four Housing Managers have been allocated the portfolio of Currong Apartments between 1 July 2002 and 17 September 2003.
(2) Three of the changes occurred through the temporary promotion of the Housing Managers to higher positions within the organisation. The last one was because of the decision to decommission Currong Apartments.
(4) The decision to decommission Currong Apartments resulted in the appointment of two Senior Housing Managers to manage the relocation project.
(5) The Community Guardians liaise with Housing ACT staff on a regular basis and provide daily incident reports.
(6) Yes. A blank copy of the incident report is attached.
(The attachment has been lodged with the Chamber Support Office).