Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 12 Hansard (20 November) . . Page.. 4463..
In relation to recent reports:
(1) How many reports have been prepared by the Emergency Services Bureau and the Department of Justice and Community Safety over the past three months;
(2) If any reports have been prepared:
(a) who were the authors of these reports;
(b) how much did each of them cost in consultancy fees, design and printing;
(c) where are they available;
(d) have any of the reports been implemented.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
See my response to Question on Notice No. 1004 and the Attorney General's response to Question on Notice No. 996.
Harrison 1 estate
(Question No 945)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice:
In relation to the failed auction for Harrison 1 Estate:
(1) What representations, apart from my own, have been made to the Minister, the Gungahlin Development Authority or the Land Development Agency in relation to the return of $1 million paid as part deposit for the land;
(2) What progress has been made in resolving the dispute;
(3) Has the government considered seeking damages from the highest bidder for the failure of the first auction of Harrison 1 Estate;
(4) Will the Minister publicly release the legal advice given to the Gungahlin Development Authority after the dishonouring of the deposit cheque which formed the basis of their continuing to deal with the highest bidder.
Mr Corbell: The answer to Mrs Dunne's questions are as follows:
(1) A number of representations have been received on this matter. The nature of these representations is confidential.
(2) The Land Development Agency position is that it has no legal obligation to return the deposit and is therefore unable to do so.
(4) No. The member is referred to previous debate on this issue.