Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 10 Hansard (25 September) . . Page.. 3799..
(c) The fund is not a vehicle for the collection of charitable donations, but is fully funded by the ACT Government.
Southern Cross Primary School-disabled access
(Question No 893)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Education, Youth and Family Services on 27 August 2003, upon notice:
In relation to disabled access in a local school:
(1) In response to Question on notice No 519 you said a need had been identified for amenities at a local school at a cost of $40,000. Has any work progressed further on this project;
(2) If so, what works have been undertaken and at what cost. If not, why not;
(3) The project was estimated at $40,000 is this still an accurate figure;
(4) If this project is to go ahead from where in the budget will the funds come from and what is the exact cost;
(5) Have any further sites in need of improvements for disabled access been identified within your portfolio area. If so, where are the sites identified and what works need to be undertaken.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to Mr Pratt's question is:
(1) The new disabled facilities at Southern Cross Primary School were completed on 27 June 2003.
(2) The project included the installation of disabled toilet and shower facilities, and an access ramp. The scope of the project was expanded to include automatic entry doors into the school for disabled access. The total project cost was $60,870.
(3) The budget figure was increased to $61,000 to allow for the increased scope of works.
(4) The project was funded under the department's Minor New Works program.
(5) During 2002/03 monies were expended at the following sites:
Duffy Primary School - Auto Entry Doors
Calwell High School - Auto Doors/Airlock
Tuggeranong College - New Entry Door
Monash Primary - Ramp to classroom
Belconnen High - Ramps
Canberra High School - Lift Modifications
Malkara School - Playground Modifications
Kambah High School - Auto Doors
Gold Creek High - Hoist to Stage